Dogs1985

Nov 8, 2022
There are 4 Ethernet port on my PC, port1 is the Proxmox VE console page, port2 idle. port3 and port4 for OPNSense.

OPNsense uses port3 LAN, port4 WAN. The LAN is connected to the WiFi router, and all the WiFi devices able to access the internet.

The problem is that only Proxmox VE cannot access the internet. What is the problem? Is it related to my fiber? My fiber need to set specify VLAN tag only can get internet access, does Proxmox need this kind of setting?

How do you guys usually set up the IP between them? Is it best to have the two on the same network segment(OPNsense: 192.168.1.1, Proxmox: 192.168.1.2) or separate(OPNSense: 192.168.1.1, Proxmox: 192.168.10.1)? Also, WiFi device not able to view Proxmox VE console page and only be accessed through port1, is this how you all set it up?

After an initial read my first question is how is your Proxmox supposed to connect to the LAN of the network? Since it's using port 1 is it plugged into the LAN somewhere? Since ports 3 and 4 are dedicated to OPNsense those won't automatically give access to Proxmox.

I used to run a similar setup in the past.
Port 1 was Proxmox which connected into my main switch
Port 2 was LAN for OPNsense which fed into my main switch
Port 3 was WAN for OPNsense which connected to my ISP handoff

Sounds like currently Port 3 only connects to an AP(or router with other ports) so Port 1 would need to connect into that same AP or router to get internet access.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!