[SOLVED] Network at host (Proxmox) isn't working

floh

Jul 19, 2018
Hello!

I have installed my Proxmox host in a extra network where no internet access exist.
There I configurated Proxmox and managed the network cards.

At this time I have 1 network card with 2 Lunix Bridges
These two Bridges are for my VLANs
1st vlan: management-network, so no internet access
2nd vlan: normal network with internet access.

At fist I wasn't even able to ping 8 .8.8.8
Now i added the DHCP Server to the Linux Bridge (2nd vlan) at "gateway".
Now I am able to resolve names like www . google . com (without spaces)

But I am not able to receive packets.
In all VMs (installed Linux Bridge 2nd vlan) all pings and other connections to the internet are working.

I have no idea what config file is wrong. I assume the whole problem is because I configurated the whole host in an isolated network.

where do you get no packets? In the VM or on the host?
On the Host.

The VMs are working fine.
On the VMs the time is correct, ping to a webserver is possible and browsing too.
The host itself has a wrong time and isn't able to get response from any ping outside the network

EDIT:
Got it. wrote dhcp server ip-address in gateway. Should simply used our gateway-server - ip-address

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!