Proxmox VE 5.0 beta1 released!

For the record, the Debian Stretch openssh package has been upgraded, so it is now again possible to do secure live migrations with ssh. There are currently no current blockers doing a 4.4->5.0 on place upgrade.

NB: if using ceph you should consider that the 4.4->5.0 upgrade includes an upgrade to Ceph Luminous, and that you should already run Ceph Jewel for the Ceph Luminous upgrade to work. I added that in the upgrade notes in the wiki.

Reactions: chrone
I have a brief on setting up a network traffic analyzer zenoss case under proxmox.
I have already installed proxmox I still have integrated zenoss to proxmox and I do not know how to do. I had downloaded the zenoss iso but I tried to integrate in my proxmox it does not work.
help me please

I have a brief on setting up a network traffic analyzer zenoss case under proxmox.
I have already installed proxmox I still have integrated zenoss to proxmox and I do not know how to do. I had downloaded the zenoss iso but I tried to integrate in my proxmox it does not work.
help me please

Please open a new thread or even better, ask on the Zenoss support for Zenoss related questions. "Does not work" is also a bit less information about your problem.

I tried to install Proxmox VE 5.0 beta1 with RAID(1).
Then I selected 3 SSDs which same volume, couldn't install.
error is `device /dev/sdc is used more than once`.

Why I can't install?

Why I can't install?
Hi,
for raid-1 you must select 2 drives - because the data is mirrored on both devices. With 4 or 6 drives is raid-10 possible (mirrored (raid-1)stripe (raid-0).

Udo

Why I can't install?

you cannot add the same disk to a raid multiple times..

Is it possible to join a machine running Proxmox 5 to an existing Proxmox 4.4 cluster? When will ZFS-SYNC Gui be in the beta?

Is it possible to join a machine running Proxmox 5 to an existing Proxmox 4.4 cluster? When will ZFS-SYNC Gui be in the beta?

technically possible, but probably not advisable except for a mixed version cluster during the upgrade (when you should have moved all the guests away from the upgrading node beforehand so the risk is minimized).

a first set of patches for the new replication feature got merged in git last week, and will undergo additional testing / fixing / extension this week.

With PVE 5.0 stable, will AMD Ryzen CPUs be officially supported?

Cheap and good CPUs.

In 4.10 there is essential support for booting Linux on Ryzen CPU's, later versions supports more features and got more optimization.

Was anyone able to setup and run the beta on a Ryzen CPU?

Yes, I have. It's been an unstable nightmare... Server consistently locks up hard every day or so. Living on the bleeding edge can be dangerous sometimes!

Thank you for that info. Then I'll wait a bit with the HW upgrade.

Try to disable SMT, got some infos it helps with Ryzen systems till kernel patches arrive.

Thank you for that info. But I'm in no rush to upgrade, so I can wait until it's completely stable.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!