TixmTV

Apr 5, 2022
Hello,

I have rented a dedicated server.
I have proxmox installed on it.
Now I want to use pfSense as firewall and for internal routing of the other VMs.

My goal is to:
- An IPv4 for the host on which proxmox runs and is callable on the internet over it.
- An IPv4 for the VM of pfSense, so that I can bring all other VMs over this into the Internet.
- All other VMs should be connected to pfSense via LAN.

My IPv4s:
- Main: 89.x.x.248
- Second: 5.x.x.211

I am relatively new to this topic, so I need your help to apply the configuration correctly.

With kind regards
Tim B.

Last edited:
Reactions: TixmTV
Start with Proxmox virtualisation in Netgate manual
and Netgate virtualisation forum

Configure two bridge in Proxmox to connect to pfsense
  1. WAN
  2. Lan
Or use VLAN in pfsense to separate the WAN and LAN interfaces, and use VLAN controls in Proxmox to separate the interfaces

Thanks, but what should my setup look like then?

Currently it looks like this:

enp2s0:
- IPv4: 89.x.x.248/32 (this is my main IP)
- Gateway: 89.x.x.1
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.255

So should I then create a bridge to which I assign the other IP so I can use it for pfSense?

Or maybe you could write down an example for me how it should look approximately in Proxmox.

Reactions: banksiaboy

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!