SuperProx4Mox

Apr 24, 2024
Hello!

I'm currently running Proxmox 8.1 and originally had a Ubuntu Server VM set up for months, which I've loaded data on my hard drive in path /mnt/WD14-1 through two separate virtual disks (/dev/sdb1 mounted to /mnt/WD14-1/sdb1/, /dev/sdb2 mounted to /mnt/WD14-1/sdb2/). I just created a few LXCs (Debian) and wanted to have them access the same storage directories as my UbuntuServer VM. I've tried setting the mounting point for the LXCs to the same path (/mnt/WD14-1/), but nothing would appear. I then tried NFS-server to see if I can get it to appear, but ended up only getting /mnt/WD14-1/sdb1/ and /mnt/WD14-1/sdb2/ to appear blank without the information from /dev/sdb1 or sdb2's mountS on the VM appearing.

Would it be recommended to copy all the files of sdb1 and sdb2 (they're on the same physical hard drive, just different virtual disks) to a backup solution/drive, reformat the main hard drive to utilize something like ZFS, then reimport my data? Or is there another way I could sort of have nfs or another solution see /dev/sdb1 or sdb2? I can't directly mount sdb1 or sdb2 in NFS because they're not directories. I also only had scoped my Proxmox build to be 1 or 2 separate VMs originally but have changed plans recently.

Any information is greatly appreciated - please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide as well. Thank you!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!