Proxmox VE 4.3 released!

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
We are really excited to announce the final release of our Proxmox VE 4.3!

The new version comes with a comprehensive framework for the technical documentation of Proxmox VE. It is version specific, allows global as well as contextual help, and you can access it in various formats like html, pdf or epub.

The GUI framework has now only vertical menus, making the whole structure more logic. This allowed us to group items and add new icons.

Watch our short introduction video - What's new in Proxmox VE 4.3

Release notes

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_4.3

ISO Download

http://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads
Alternate ISO download:
http://download.proxmox.com/iso/

Upgrading
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Downloads

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

A big THANK-YOU to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions.

Martin Maurer
Proxmox VE project leader

Reactions: talos and shantanu
Hello!

This is my first post on these forums and also the reason I made an account on these forums! I'm excited to see where Proxmox is going, and I'm excited to be a part of this community. I updated to VE 4.3 today, and when I went to the "Disks" tab, I noticed something strange. My enterprise SSD shows up and gives me all of the S.M.A.R.T. data that I need, but my SAS drives come up as "UNKOWN" (spelling mistake?) and show no data at all. I can get the data of my drives using the smartctl package, but I'd far prefer to be able to see this disk information through the web interface. If this is a feature that will be added or was missed when this page was added for the VE 4.3 release, I'd love to know!

Example: http://imgur.com/a/wcefC

Reactions: snowman66
Hello,

I would like to know if there is simple way to stick to 4.2 release ?

I need to upgrade one of my cluster node and would like to avoid having one of the nodes in 4.3 and all others in 4.2
Furthermore, I never upgrade my server just after a new release.

Thanks for your answer.

Just disable the enterprise repo in your sources.list.

Or change from pve-enterprise to pve-enterprise4.2

Please note, the pve-enterprise4.2 is not yet online, will follow the next days. But note, this will NOT get any updates or security fixes, this is just for archive.

Why still qemu 2.6 and not 2.7 ?
2.7 is available for nearly a month now and would (probably) fix many problems related to iothread enabled volumes such as backups and hot unplug.

Thanks for the new features. Works like a charm. Smart with ZFS in GUI, very nice :)
In this new version... wait the server for quorum with a cluster with only two servers?

Our system does not show any S.M.A.R.T Data in the new GUI, on the commandline (with smartctl) it functions.
Is this a known bug or does it need some time to collect data?

Same for me. No SMART data either on my system.

EDIT: Just checked the syslog and see this

Sep 27 22:47:43 kt-proxmox-01 pvedaemon[28722]: Argument "Read_scanning" isn't numeric in addition (+) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Diskmanage.pm line 91.

Sep 27 22:47:43 kt-proxmox-01 pvedaemon[28722]: Argument "was" isn't numeric in addition (+) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Diskmanage.pm line 92.

Sep 27 22:47:43 kt-proxmox-01 pvedaemon[28722]: Argument "never" isn't numeric in addition (+) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Diskmanage.pm line 93.

Suspect this is related as looking at those lines its where the code is pulling smart data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark van de Louw
Who has graded their environment so far? Any issues?

I did a command line apt-get update, dist-upgrade, upgrade and then gui upgrade and it worked for the most part. I have no data populating the graphs or charts on the summary page now though. I should mention that I am not an enterprise customer.

Hi there,

thank you for all the hard work you are putting into Proxmox! I've been a happy user for 3 years now. I've even managed to convince my previous employer to pay for a subscription for our 5 servers. :D

I am very sorry but now I have to express my complaint about the vertical menu design. I understand that it fits better to the general flow of action (select object from the tree menu, select context on the vertical menu, do action) from left to right, but from a visual point of view it breaks the structure. It is utterly intruding on a laptop screen, and quite annoying even on a 24" display. From my experience I usually need a single (maybe 2) context from that menu when I am up for something in Proxmox so the mouse travel wasn't really a concern when this menu was horizontal. Now it occupies a huge vertical space close to the middle of the screen, taking away useful horizontal space from the main window, where the action is happening.

I am sorry to say this, but every decent UI/UX designer would scream at this layout, because it looks awkward and feels awkward.

Cheers,
Mate

Awesome work guys! Love the update.
Also the minor things like the BIOS display image.

Keep up the awesome work!

Regards,
Shantanu Gadgil

Hi there,
I am very sorry but now I have to express my complaint about the vertical menu design. I understand that it fits better to the general flow of action (select object from the tree menu, select context on the vertical menu, do action) from left to right, but from a visual point of view it breaks the structure. It is utterly intruding on a laptop screen, and quite annoying even on a 24" display. From my experience I usually need a single (maybe 2) context from that menu when I am up for something in Proxmox so the mouse travel wasn't really a concern when this menu was horizontal. Now it occupies a huge vertical space close to the middle of the screen, taking away useful horizontal space from the main window, where the action is happening.

I am sorry to say this, but every decent UI/UX designer would scream at this layout, because it looks awkward and feels awkward.

Cheers,
Mate
I agree, I too didn't think the vertical menus was such a "hot" idea, but I'm OK with it.
Only so many options can fit in a horizontal menu.

@ScOut3R
I think they must have done this as they expect more options/settings coming up.

Cheers and Regards,
Shantanu

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!