Proxmox VE 4.3 released!

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by martin, Sep 27, 2016.

1. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

this thread is going a bit off topic (and too long).

for generic and/or new configuration questions, please open a new thread, better to follow for all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Erk

Erk Member

I am looking at a 4.1 and 4.3 side by side, and the 4.1 uses smaller fonts, and smaller skeuomorphic icons, freeing up some screen real estate.
    4.1 is definitely quicker for me to locate what I want. Perhaps time spent getting use to the new flattened, larger interface is all that is needed.

(I am one of those people that still thinks Window 7 looks better and easier than Windows 10)

One thing I noticed was the use of thinner lower contrast fonts which makes it harder for people like me that need reading glasses. See this story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...-unreadable-because-of-a-trend-towards-light/

#82 Erk, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    gkovacs likes this.
  3. nndonio

nndonio New Member

Hello everyone
    the new version of Proxmox 4.3 during installation you can use the raid 1 ... it works by mirroring in the event of a disk failure

4. morfair

morfair Member

What is version CEPH kernel modules in 4.4.16-1-pve? How to see?

What CRUSH map tunables I can use?

#84 morfair, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  5. Cor

Cor New Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

What can I do about it? it happens every time I finish a virtual machine

TASK ERROR: command '/bin/nc6 -l -p 5900 -w 10 -e '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 104 2>/dev/null'' failed: exit code 1

6. Cor

Cor New Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

During startup every time I see the following messages appear on the screen what to do about this?

Attached Files:

7. Cor

Cor New Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

I installed two days since Windows Server 2016 and when I go to device manager then I see that a driver is not installed:

It concerns the following hardware ID:
    ACPI \ VEN_ACPI & DEV_0010
    ACPI \ ACPI0010
    * ACPI0010

Can I download these drivers somewhere else?

Attached Files:

8. jester

jester New Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Hi Cor,
    Please create a separate tread for your issue next time.
    you'll probly want these: Windows_VirtIO_Drivers

9. Cor

Cor New Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Okay I will do from now on, I've installed drivers, unfortunately, remain the two left alone. the operating system is Server 2016.

10. djinnsour

djinnsour New Member

I really wish the interface didn't get changed with every update. If you are going to change the interface, please stop making the same mistake MS does with scrolling. I have a 4K monitor, but the graphs have a scrollbar even though they only use a tiny portion of the browser window. Even at 1080p there is a scrollbar.

Other than that everything looks awesome. New interface with everything switched to the left will take getting used to, would be nice if there was a way to set it back to the previous layout.

11. kobuki

kobuki Member

I finally got around to test this series, I gotta say, lots of work, congrats! I for one like the new columnised design, for me it's much quicker to navigate and more straightforward, a lot less mouse movements are needed. I was "frightened" first seeing the heaps of negative reactions, but it turned out quite well, IMO. In the latest non-subscription update the visible CPU cores problem in LCX also has an adequate solutiuon. TBH I don't care much for the graphs inside the PVE manager interface since I use a separate monitoring system.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice