Proxmox VE 4.3 released!

this thread is going a bit off topic (and too long).

for generic and/or new configuration questions, please open a new thread, better to follow for all.

Yes, PVE 3.x shows 12 rows where 4.x shows only 10.

proxmox-ui-density.png

Doesn't sound like a lot, but when you have to manage a lot of guests, it quickly adds up and you have to scroll a lot more. So I would very much like an option to set font (and list item) size in the new GUI.

I am looking at a 4.1 and 4.3 side by side, and the 4.1 uses smaller fonts, and smaller skeuomorphic icons, freeing up some screen real estate.
4.1 is definitely quicker for me to locate what I want. Perhaps time spent getting use to the new flattened, larger interface is all that is needed.

(I am one of those people that still thinks Window 7 looks better and easier than Windows 10)

One thing I noticed was the use of thinner lower contrast fonts which makes it harder for people like me that need reading glasses. See this story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...-unreadable-because-of-a-trend-towards-light/

Last edited:
Reactions: gkovacs
Hello everyone
the new version of Proxmox 4.3 during installation you can use the raid 1 ... it works by mirroring in the event of a disk failure

What is version CEPH kernel modules in 4.4.16-1-pve? How to see?

What CRUSH map tunables I can use?

Last edited:
What can I do about it? it happens every time I finish a virtual machine

TASK ERROR: command '/bin/nc6 -l -p 5900 -w 10 -e '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 104 2>/dev/null'' failed: exit code 1

During startup every time I see the following messages appear on the screen what to do about this?

Attachments

• fouten1.zip
    133.6 KB · Views: 0
I installed two days since Windows Server 2016 and when I go to device manager then I see that a driver is not installed:

It concerns the following hardware ID:
ACPI \ VEN_ACPI & DEV_0010
ACPI \ ACPI0010
* ACPI0010

Can I download these drivers somewhere else?

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 8
I really wish the interface didn't get changed with every update. If you are going to change the interface, please stop making the same mistake MS does with scrolling. I have a 4K monitor, but the graphs have a scrollbar even though they only use a tiny portion of the browser window. Even at 1080p there is a scrollbar.

Other than that everything looks awesome. New interface with everything switched to the left will take getting used to, would be nice if there was a way to set it back to the previous layout.

I finally got around to test this series, I gotta say, lots of work, congrats! I for one like the new columnised design, for me it's much quicker to navigate and more straightforward, a lot less mouse movements are needed. I was "frightened" first seeing the heaps of negative reactions, but it turned out quite well, IMO. In the latest non-subscription update the visible CPU cores problem in LCX also has an adequate solutiuon. TBH I don't care much for the graphs inside the PVE manager interface since I use a separate monitoring system.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!