No vmbr0 on proxmox

Axel4

Feb 21, 2019
Hello, I install proxmox on my server, but I have no vmbr0 (only eth0). Is this normal?
I intend to use an ip FO.

Sorry for the fault, I'm French.

Sincerely, Axel

Tu dois créer un bridge sur ton interface eth0

You have to create a bridge on your eth0 interface

Reactions: Axel4
Okay, I thought this bridge is created by itself. Do you have documentation relative to it because some do it dirrectement from a file, other since the proxmox interface.

D'accord, je pensais que ce pont se crée tout seul. A tu une documentation par rapport a sa parce que certain le font dirrectement depuis un fichier, d'autre depuis l'interface proxmox.

Okay, I thought this bridge is created by itself. Do you have documentation relative to it because some do it dirrectement from a file, other since the proxmox interface.

Haven't you installed via the Installer? The installer is supposed to create the bridge and I never encountered an install where the bridge was not there. It will, however, not be created by installing PVE on top of Debian.

Reactions: Axel4
Thank you for your help, I was able to install proxmox. I created a linux container (with ip FO), I can ping this VM but it can ping out. When I log in ssh conection launches but it fails after entering the password.
Do you know where the problem is?

VM configuration :
mDiYx7A.png

Interface configuration :
qkyQ4dU.png

Interface configuration :
qkyQ4dU.png

no bridge port? Do you use a routed configuration?

When I log in ssh conection launches but it fails after entering the password.

What do you mean by "fails"? You can also directly connect via GUI to the console, so that no network is involved. Please check if the network settings are set up correctly and that you can ping your gateway and things beyond.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!