Extend email notification with AppRise support

xilluminate

Nov 8, 2019
Hi all,

Currently I am running a few Proxmox VE and Proxmox Backup Servers configured with email notifications.

However, this setup doesn't work really well with Outlook. Almost every email from my Proxmox servers end in the junk mail folder even after marking a few emails from these machines as 'not junk'. Also I prefer these notifications in one place instead of spread over mail and a different notification system.

I have searched the forums for extended notification support and this thread mentioned support for Gotify. However, I an unsure if the workaround that is mentioned there survives an PVE or PBS update. So instead of using that I suggest the AppRise framework. AppRise supports a wide range of (self)hosted notification services. If AppRise gets implemented a lot of notification services are supported out of the box.

I will leave the link of the AppRise Github page in this thread.

https://github.com/caronc/apprise

If this request gets approved AppRise should be atleast implemented on PVE and PBS.

Regards,

xilluminate

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!