webcraft

Jan 8, 2017
Hello,
I wanna update my firewall file for the cluster everyday with an updated list of blocked spam IPs. Therefore I created a bash script but unfortunately I can't execute it in /etc/pve/firewall/ and I can't copy files to this directory with the script. Any idea how to do it then?

Thanks for ya help. ;)

What is the problem?
It's always saying the file is too large though it's just 550kb to 2.2mb. There's definitely enough space available because it's working when I do it manually via terminal and dd shows more than 470GB of free space.
Code:
cp: error writing ‘/etc/pve/firewall/cluster.fw’: File too large
cp: failed to extend ‘/etc/pve/firewall/cluster.fw’: File too large

That's the function in the script which throws the error:
Code:
cp cluster.fw /etc/pve/firewall/cluster.fw

Edit: And when trying to execute the script in proxmox firewall folder there's an error that this is not available there (in this location/folder). => different file system or folder permissions?

Last edited:
It's always saying the file is too large though it's just 550kb to 2.2mb.

Please do not try to store such large data on /etc/pve. This is a special files system for small configuration files, not meant to store
IP backlists. Store them somewhere else.

Please do not try to store such large data on /etc/pve. This is a special files system for small configuration files, not meant to store
IP backlists. Store them somewhere else.
I see. How to add it to Proxmox Firewall then? Couldn't fine a command to import such a file.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!