Windows Server 2016 can't login via NOVNC

madarhia

May 31, 2020
I can't enter login detials via novnc for a while. The remote desktop working well, in safe mode the login working well. I try all monitor adapter, and googleing couple of hours to search the error, without luck . Turned off press ctrl+alr+del for login but nothing happend. Anybody has idea?

error.jpg

Hi!

Does this problem exist since the installation of Windows? Did you follow the Windows guest best practices? Please also post
Code:
pveversion -v

Last edited:
Dear Dominic!

Thank you for your help.
We are reinstalled proxmox from v5 to v6 and migrate all VPS, but the problem presist.
We are using MS Server 2016 Standard, with RDP licensing service. I think the problem maybe beetween RDP and NOVNC login. (I guess)
I don't know exactly when started the issue, but once the proxmox drop the network adapter, we restart the MS server, and after a few week, when I realized the problem first (we use RDP). All other Server or Windows VPS still good.

proxmox-ve: 6.2-1 (running kernel: 5.4.34-1-pve)
pve-manager: 6.2-4 (running version: 6.2-4/9824574a)
pve-kernel-5.4: 6.2-1
pve-kernel-helper: 6.2-1
pve-kernel-5.4.34-1-pve: 5.4.34-2
ceph-fuse: 12.2.11+dfsg1-2.1+b1
corosync: 3.0.3-pve1
criu: 3.11-3
glusterfs-client: 5.5-3
ifupdown: 0.8.35+pve1
ksm-control-daemon: 1.3-1
libjs-extjs: 6.0.1-10
libknet1: 1.15-pve1
libproxmox-acme-perl: 1.0.3
libpve-access-control: 6.1-1
libpve-apiclient-perl: 3.0-3
libpve-common-perl: 6.1-2
libpve-guest-common-perl: 3.0-10
libpve-http-server-perl: 3.0-5
libpve-storage-perl: 6.1-7
libqb0: 1.0.5-1
libspice-server1: 0.14.2-4~pve6+1
lvm2: 2.03.02-pve4
lxc-pve: 4.0.2-1
lxcfs: 4.0.3-pve2
novnc-pve: 1.1.0-1
proxmox-mini-journalreader: 1.1-1
proxmox-widget-toolkit: 2.2-1
pve-cluster: 6.1-8
pve-container: 3.1-5
pve-docs: 6.2-4
pve-edk2-firmware: 2.20200229-1
pve-firewall: 4.1-2
pve-firmware: 3.1-1
pve-ha-manager: 3.0-9
pve-i18n: 2.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 5.0.0-2
pve-xtermjs: 4.3.0-1
qemu-server: 6.2-2
smartmontools: 7.1-pve2
spiceterm: 3.1-1
vncterm: 1.6-1
zfsutils-linux: 0.8.3-pve1

All other Server or Windows VPS still good.
Do you have a similar VM configuration (qm config <vmid>) for the bad VM and the good ones?

@aluix12 It is very likely that the community or a staff member will answer your question after some time. Please do not try to get attention for it by posting in a completely unrelated thread, especially after not even an hour. There is a function to find unanswered threads (Find Threads->Unanswered Threads). Consequently, your question will not be forgotten.

I suggest looking at the subscription plans if you rely on a fast response. For example, the premium plan guarantees an answer within two hours.

Yes, the configration is totally same .Yesterday I was need reinstall the server, and I lost the newer Windows VPS config's. Therefore I cloned the bad VM's config, and rewrite uuid, mac and other, and working well. This is a Windows Server standard and using rdp licensing, maybe the problem comes from there.

This is a Windows Server standard and using rdp licensing, maybe the problem comes from there.
I don't know how RDP licensing works exactly, but if cloning and changing a few configuration parameters works, then I don't think that PVE itself is the problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!