Unable to do NFS on ZFS - reate storage failed: error during cfs-locked 'file-storage_cfg' operation: mkdir /mnt/pve/NFSZFS/images: Permission denied

ColeTrain

Nov 7, 2020
St. Louis, MO
I'll be honest, I have no idea what I am doing. I'm throwing commands at this thing left and right. You ask me what I have tried? lots of things! I mess up terminology all the time. Please help, I assume there is some simple thing that I missed .

This is my error - create storage failed: error during cfs-locked 'file-storage_cfg' operation: mkdir /mnt/pve/NFSZFS/images: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 1170. (500)

I have a Dell r420 H710mini flashed to IT mode. Proxmox running on a SSD. 3 seperate drives with ZFS, in a ZFS1. I am able to make directories, upload ISO's, create VM's on it, but I can not do a "NFS Share" I think I have made duplicate mount points of the same thing. One by command line and one in GUI. (notice the difference of ZFSPool vs ZFSpool. The capital P was done by "directories" and the little p was done by command from the debian guide, i believe. link Debian Wiki and this sort of code zfs create -o mountpoint=/data tank/data

As mentioned, I tried a million things and who knows what I messed up, please help, thanks. I attached a ton of stuff, tell me what you need. Please help

Attachments

• ls on root directory.JPG
    ls on root directory.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 12
  • proxmox.JPG
    proxmox.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 11
  • storage.JPG
    storage.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 11
  • zfs list.JPG
    zfs list.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 11
Had the same problem in the GUI, so I tried it on CLI:

pvesm add nfs backup -export /tank/pve_backup -server myhost.example.com -options soft

but with no success, the error message was very similar:

Code:
Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 1172. (500)

There is a similar [SOLVED] issue in the forum which suggests to add no_root_squash option to the ZFS NFS export.

This helped and my share is now accessible in Proxmox

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!