Tuxis launches free Proxmox Backup Server BETA service

I want to try out free account. But why does Tuxis need my telephone number? I mean it should be optional field.

I want to try out free account. But why does Tuxis need my telephone number? I mean it should be optional field.

Since the amount of people we can't mail when we need to contact them is high, we want a second way to contact them. Else we would be forced to disable their account.

Second question: ive created free PBS instance, i've logged in and i want to create new user just for backups (limited permissions, extra long password) but i can't - im getting 403.

Second question: ive created free PBS instance, i've logged in and i want to create new user just for backups (limited permissions, extra long password) but i can't - im getting 403.
You can't login to the PBS web interface to create users. Access is limited. You do not get a dedicated PBS environment. If you need a user, create it via https://portal.tuxis.cloud/

Hope this helps.

Thank you both, indeed i've never used API tokens in PBS. It works now

However there is one thing which bothers me. I started some backup (about 20GB). At some point disk usage rised to 10% and Ive stopped the process manually (aborted it). Normally in such cases i would go to shell and manually delete leftovers from datastore to have clear situation. But i don't have access to shell here. How can i clean this old backup? (disk usage stays at 10% but there is no content pointing to this backup in datastore)

Last edited:
Thank you both, indeed i've never used API tokens in PBS. It works now

However there is one thing which bothers me. I started some backup (about 20GB). At some point disk usage rised to 10% and Ive stopped the process manually (aborted it). Normally in such cases i would go to shell and manually delete leftovers from datastore to have clear situation. But i don't have access to shell here. How can i clean this old backup? (disk usage stays at 10% but there is no content pointing to this backup in datastore)
wait 24h, then run a garbage collection

I didn't find it in Brazil.
We can't deliver in Brazil due to tax rules from Brazil. We are an EU company, so within the EU there is never a problem for companies. Outside the EU, we have to look up the local tax rules for delivering services. Some countries state that we can invoice without tax with no limits. Some countries do have limits, and after you cross those limits, it becomes complex web of tax rules and submission of sales to different authorities.
Keep in mind, we are selling for € 18,- per TB :) So when we cross a threshold in a country, it won't be with thousands of euro's a month.

That said, within the EU we can even offer PBS with storage in the Netherlands and Germany (for our German customers).. Maybe later even in more EU countries..

Although it is correct English (maybe British?) we have changed it in something more common
:)

Thanks for pointing it out.

What Does Arrears Billing Mean?

In billing, the most common options are: billing in advance and billing in arrears. Billing in arrears simply means that you bill your customers after the job is complete. Instead of taking payment beforehand to cover expenses or other costs, you must wait until after the work is completed to get paid. You may have also heard it referred to as “invoice in arrears,” “paid in arrears,” or “arrears billing.”

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!