Timeout loading datastore content

DoesThisWork

Dec 6, 2020
Hi,

I am currently trying to solve a timeout issue while loading the content of a datastore.

I have a datastore on the server that write directly to a SSD. The second datastore is a samba share that is connected via VPN.

I run all of the backup jobs and after that I have a sync job running which is copying all of the backups to the remote datastore.

It takes some time but it works.

Now when trying to load the content of the datastore a timeout occurs. I tried to list the content of the datastore via cli but I also get a http timeout there.

Is it possible to increase the timeout or maybe cache the content of the datastore to load the content a little bit faster?

Best regards

Hi,

Same problem : I have an (rclone encrypted) datastore on a S3 cloud storage. The dumps are working, but I have a timeout when listing the backups on that datastore through the GUI. The only way is to list them via command-line ls on the host. The initial listing can take up to a minute, and the timeout occurs way before : "comunication failure (0)"

Did you find a solution ?

Hi,

Same problem : I have an (rclone encrypted) datastore on a S3 cloud storage. The dumps are working, but I have a timeout when listing the backups on that datastore through the GUI. The only way is to list them via command-line ls on the host. The initial listing can take up to a minute, and the timeout occurs way before : "comunication failure (0)"

Did you find a solution ?
So what I did is organize my LXCs and VMs and not put them all in the root directory. I found success in that, it didn't have to load so many VMs every time I open the datastore. It just loads all the folders. That was the only way for me, to somewhat handle this issue.
I made a folder structure:
Code:
root
    Server Prod
    Server Test
    Workstation
    Others

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!