SSL connect attempt failed, error 500 when trying to view changelog of updates and git clone a repository TLS error

Nov 19, 2020
Montréal, Qc, Canada
Hello everyone,
1- Everything works fine when I update the repository list and upgrade all packages, but when I try to view the changelog, 50% of the time for the debian packages and 100% of the time for Proxmox enterprises packages, I get the error you can see in both screenshot. Looking at the changelog from the terminal with "apt changelog <packagename>" work fine for the debian ones, but it tells me they are unavailable for the Proxmox one.
Screenshot from 2021-02-10 12-37-38.pngScreenshot from 2021-02-10 12-38-10.png

2- When I try to git clone a repository from github in a VM to install a service, I get the following error: "gnutls_handshake() failed: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated".

I think both of those issue are related. I already looked at the firewall, it's not blocking any HTTPS traffic, and when I look at the firewall log, I can see that only the request for changelog that are successful appear in the log (the firewall is logging 100% of the traffic), and all request for github appear in the log.
I downloaded "links" in the same VM I got the git clone error, and was able to browse the same URL I wanted to git clone without error.

Thanks for helping me,
Olivier

There is no proxy in between and it should not be an ISP issue since it’s a business connection and they are not blocking anything. (And I’m able to see the changelog in the CLI, the error is only there in the GUI)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!