NoctOs

Sep 6, 2017
Hi! So I'm pretty new to this and I'm a bit confused about how to make Proxmox belong to a VLAN.

I have a VM running VyOS with two virtual interfaces tagged with VLAN 10(LAN) and VLAN 99(WAN) and that works just fine and dandy but I can't access the GUI to Proxmox or SSH into it since Proxmox itself isn't tagged as a VLAN(should be tagged as 10).

I've looked around a bit and tried a few methods I've found but I can't seem to make it work. For example I tried the config below in /etc/network/interfaces but it doesn't seem to do anything. I only have one physical NIC btw and right now it's on a trunked port on my switch.

Code:
# network interface settings

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet manual

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
        slaves eth0
        bond_miimon 100
        bond_mode 4

auto bond0.10
iface bond0.10 inet manual
        vlan-raw-device bond0

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address  10.2.1.30
        netmask  255.255.252.0
        gateway  10.2.0.1
        bridge_ports bond0.10
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge_vlan_aware yes

Is there anyone here who can explain how I should do this? I'm pretty new to both Proxmox and Linux.

Okay so I can see now that my switch has Proxmox MAC address tagged as 10, 99 and 1(native vlan) for some reason which I think is weird since I've only tried to configure vlan 10. I can also see that I have interfaces for it, in proxmox I have eth0.10, eth0.99, vmbr0v10 and vmbr0v99 which I guess was created when i made two virtual interfaces for my VM but they're all tagged with the MAC address for Proxmox and not for the VM.

The native vlan should be the vmbr0 interface I suppose but I can't reach Proxmox even if I connect a PC to another port on the native vlan on my switch, weird...

I don't have an IP configured for eth0.10 or vmbr0v10 maybe that's needed or does Proxmox take care of that it self? I'm probably stupid and missing something here.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!