pve-qemu-kvm_6.1.1-2_amd64.deb error

benlen

Feb 15, 2022
SOLVED by #2.

Standard CE PVE install (3 months old - currently v7.1-10) - This morning my usual apt upgrade failed with below snippet.

Code:
dpkg-deb (subprocess): decompressing archive '/var/cache/apt/archives/pve-qemu-kvm_6.1.1-2_amd64.deb' (size=26425464) member 'data.tar': lzma error: compressed data is corrupt

Anyone?

ps. plenty of space on ssd and all other upgrades succeeded.

Last edited:
You could try running apt clean before the typical apt update and apt upgrade commands from the console.

Reactions: benlen
You could try running apt clean before the typical apt update and apt upgrade commands from the console.
That was too easy ... and why didn't I think of that ... after using Debian for years I've never needed to do this because of a faulty download ... now another ten years will pass and I will surely have forgotten this *heh* ... many thanks!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!