No access to web services any virtual machine in LAN

sikreto

Nov 18, 2022
Hello,
I have a strange problem. I have some machines with services using web GUI. I don't know why but I can access only to web service installed inside PVE, but any another VM doesn't give me web access. Loading, loading and do nothing.
When I connect via VPN to my home network I can access to any VM like instant.
Please give my any tip guys
!

Hi,

I'm not sure if I follow. You can access the PVE GUI that is running on the host, but any web services running in guests can't be accessed? What does your network setup look like? Do you have any firewall rules in place?

Hello,
Thanks for Your answer.
Yes You're right, but I think I found the solution. I need manualy add MTU parameter into VM config file and everything work perfectly, but I don't know why that parameter isn't write when I create any new machine. I have static MTU set on all my virtual network cards. Every machine I create I need firstly add MTU parameter to config file to work.

I need manualy add MTU parameter into VM config file and everything work perfectly, but I don't know why that parameter isn't write when I create any new machine.
In the upcoming 7.3 version you should be able to set this in the GUI in the network tab when creating a new VM. If you are creating them via the CLI or API you should be able to simply add that parameter to the network device format string. The MTU parameter is not set by default, so you need to explicitly assign it to something.

Reactions: nunner

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!