[SOLVED] NEED HELP to setup gpu passthrough/iommu/AMD 6500XT for gaming/f@h INTEL Alder Lake

Yeah basically pay a subscription fee... :(
Warp? You shouldn't need that. I run Parsec on a passthrough'd GPU in Windows 11, works great.
Ok so how do i do the same but with other VM's? possible?
Well, you can only passthrough the GPU to one virtual machine at a time. And you have to make sure that you don't over-allocate resources (CPU and RAM) to your running virtual machines. But now that you have Proxmox running, you can play around with tons of different stuff!

There's nothing special required. You just need to make sure that under host settings you're capturing the display connected to the passthrough'd GPU.
Parsec:
"Almost 99% of 15000 errors are caused by having either an old, a low end or a cloud server GPU that does not support Parsec. The other 1% is caused by not updating your drivers, or using automatic methods instead of manually searching for drivers from intel.com, amd.com or nvidia.com. If your graphics card does not support Parsec, you cannot host."

Well, you can only passthrough the GPU to one virtual machine at a time. And you have to make sure that you don't over-allocate resources (CPU and RAM) to your running virtual machines. But now that you have Proxmox running, you can play around with tons of different stuff!
1655396587257.png
Fix?

I challenge you to figure this one out on your own. You got this!
Well M8 i don't got this i still have fatigue and it's 34°c send help M8 i don't got time for figuring out it could take hours.... pls help.
@nick.kopas one last time how do you get new VMs without crapping VGA/PCI-E???

Well M8 i don't got this i still have fatigue and it's 34°c send help M8 i don't got time for figuring out it could take hours.... pls help.
@nick.kopas one last time how do you get new VMs without crapping VGA/PCI-E???
Sorry, I don't have any direct experience with this type of problem. I would start a new thread on the forums, someone should be able to help you.

A quick Googling came up with this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/Proxmox/comments/qil7qy/unable_to_pxe_boot_uefibased_vms/

@nick.kopas Hey! i repeated everything with RX 6600, starting VM NOW! ;)

PS 6600 has actual encoder (using RX6500XT for another OEM build with 11700F) pure CPU workloads. no GPU drivers.

Additionally Proxmox VE 7.2-3 works on VEGA2 RX 6600 :)

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in that this post helped me finally get gpu passthrough working on my AMD Ryzen 7 with RX6700XT build on a Windows10 VM. The tip about turning off resizeable bar in the bios is what did it for me. Along with the hook script I believe. Man.....the amount of times I rebuilt my proxmox server and the number of reddit posts I went through prior to this was nuts and there was not one mention that I could see regarding turning off resizeable bar.

Huge thanks to Nick Kopas for assisting and enlightening noobs such as myself. Couldn't have done it without ya!

Reactions: nick.kopas

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!