Issues after upgrade to 5.1

black4

Nov 11, 2017
I've got 2 proxmox clusters - one with hammer ceph cluster (bigger) and second one working as a ceph client with dedicated pool (smaller). I wanted to first upgrade smaller cluster before bigger one with data. After upgrading two nodes of smaller cluster to proxmox 5.1 they are working properly about 10 minutes after startup, then they disconnecting from ceph cluster. Ceph rados process is using 100% cpu all the time. When I'm executing pvesm status command is hanging and there is starting another rados with the same cpu issue. Node also is disconnecting from pve cluster.
2017-11-11_15h25_01.png

I've checked systemctl status - it shows failed networking.service. Debian 9 is allowing for only one gateway in /etc/network/interfaces file, so I deleted it on another interface - it fixed networking service, but not problem with rados.

I thought that new ceph client will be backward compatible.
Can someone confirm that luminous ceph client is working with hammer ceph cluster?

First cluster:
Proxmox 4.4
Ceph (Cluster) Hammer (0.94.10)

Second cluster:
Proxmox 4.4 -> 5.1
Ceph (Client) Luminous (12.2.1-pve3)

Ceph keeps backwards compatibility for one LTS. Between Hammer and Luminous there is Jewel. The ceph packages of Debian are Jewel, so a possibility is to downgrade till you have done the upgrade of your Hammer cluster.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!