[CRITICAL] | Installation Issue: Flashing Screen after First Step

Infinimonster

May 9, 2023
Hello, So i tried to install Proxmox nativly.
After it entered the Proxmox installation Screen i had the option to select Proxmox VE and Advanced options. I selected Proxmox VE.
The the Bad things started to happen. First it drew an purple line across the screen, then as the time went by the purple line changed flickering white and black screen.
Migrating to proxmox from VMware is really important for the Company I'm working for so a Solution would be really appricated.

Regards,
Infinimonster

It could be a graphics card driver issue (maybe try to install with safe graphics option). What hardware do you use for Proxmox?

It could be a graphics card driver issue (maybe try to install with safe graphics option). What hardware do you use for Proxmox?
My Hardware:
HP ProLiant DL380 G7

Intel Xeon CPU X5660 @ 2.80GHz (2x)

Advanced Options => Rescue:
Error: Failture reading sector 0x0 from 'fd0'
Error: No such devices: rpool.
Error: unable to find boot disk automatically.

Advanced Options => Install Proxmox VE (Debug Mode)
Just blackscreen and Server turn in standby mode after a while.

The Server only has VGA so maybe it has to do with that and maybe there is an issue with that.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!