Ceph select specific OSD to form a Pool

fgrubicy

Oct 4, 2020
Hi there! i'm needing a little help.
I have a Proxmox + Ceph cluster with 4 nodes, with the following HDDs in each node
2x 900GB SAS 15.000K
2X 300GB SAS 10.000K
2x 480GB SSD
2x 240GB SSD
I need to make a Pool for each class and size of HD, the classes of the HDs know how to separate them, but I don't know how to separate for example the 900GB SAS OSD from the 300GB SAS to create two SAS pools

Last edited:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/pve-ceph-rules-for-hdd-pools-of-different-sizes.115437/

I realize this is over a year old now, but in case this comes up in a search for anyone else: (it would have helped me):
The gist: You can tag each data drive however you want: hdd, sdd and nvme are only tags, those could be fred, george and frank if you'd like...there is no meaning to the tags.

Thus the way to do this would be to tag the 2 blocks of SDDs "sdd1" and "sdd2" and the 2 blocks of hdd's "hdd1" and "hdd2" then use the CLI to create crushmap rules for each of the 4 pools (hdd1, hdd2, sdd1, sdd2).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!