Assigning IPs to Windows Server Template

TheDarkest

May 21, 2019
I'm using WHMCS and Proxmox, also I'm using the Proxmox Module Garden addon to create a VM after I accepted the order, then its automatically cloning the template.

Everything works, except for assigning the IP to the network adapter. So I need to change the IP manually to get an internet connection.

Ive added cloud-init and its also assigning the ip, mask and gateway to the cd content, filename "0000", but its not assigning it to the ethernet adapter. I've also installed VirtIO drivers and qemu agent.

Any idea on how to fix this?

It seems there is no problem on PVE site, so it's better to get in Contact with the developer.

Btw. I use WHMCS too and have an own PVE AddOn written, whichs work perfectly in combination, so I can't really see any issues on the PVE site.

Its not an WHMCS issue, the ip is getting assigned to the drive. But its just not getting added to the ethernet adapter. Do I need to install something else instead of Qemu to the template?

So now I've installed the CloudBase-Init on the Template but somehow it locks me out and changes the password to something else, I cant even change it through the CloudBase drive in Proxmox. Also, the IP is not changing when installing the cloudbase-init to the template. What am I doing wrong?

No one? Tried with Proxmox 5.4 and 5.3. Network config doesnt change and somehow a random password gets generated all the time and I cant login anymore.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!