Cannot login via web interface but SSH works

CarolBrown

Oct 25, 2017
Hello! I have a problem on my Proxmox. Few days ago I lost the ability to get at web interface. Proxmox tells me that login or password is incorrect. But if I try to connect using ssh - it works. What should i do? I'd greatly appreciate.

Perhaps an invalid authentication realm has been selected. The login dialog has

User Name:
Password:
Realm:

The third item needs to be "Linux Pam standard authentication" to use the same accounts that you use for ssh.

Reactions: CarolBrown
Perhaps an invalid authentication realm has been selected. The login dialog has

User Name:
Password:
Realm:

The third item needs to be "Linux Pam standard authentication" to use the same accounts that you use for ssh.

I tried them both. There was "Linux Pam standard authentication". Server had been working for a long time (several years) but a few days ago it happend. I tried to choose Realm but it brought no success.

is there anything in the logs when you try to login?
Code:
journalctl

Hey,

i have the same Problem,

Jan 07 16:49:00 vps01 systemd[1]: Starting Proxmox VE replication runner...
Jan 07 16:49:00 vps01 systemd[1]: Started Proxmox VE replication runner.
Jan 07 16:49:01 vps01 CRON[9276]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Jan 07 16:49:01 vps01 CRON[9277]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/emps/bin/php /usr/local/virtualizor/scripts/powercron.php >> /var/virtualizor/log/powercron 2>&1)
Jan 07 16:49:01 vps01 CRON[9276]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
Jan 07 16:49:42 vps01 IPCC.xs[2075]: pam_unix(common-auth:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost= user=root
Jan 07 16:49:44 vps01 pvedaemon[2075]: authentication failure; rhost=24.134.12.189 user=root@pam msg=Fehler bei Authentifizierung

Regards
Thorsten

Hi,
today I've got the same problem as mentioned before. Does anybody have an idea, how to solve? Or how to get more detailled information than "Fehler bei Authentifizierung"?

Regards
Nigi

Hi,
today I've got the same problem as mentioned before. Does anybody have an idea, how to solve? Or how to get more detailled information than "Fehler bei Authentifizierung"?

Regards
Nigi

Please open a new thread and explain your issue in full detail.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!