Willkommen im deutschsprachigen Proxmox VE Forum!

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
Für all unsere deutschsprachigen Nutzer haben wir hier ein Forum eingerichtet in dem auf Deutsch gepostet und geantwortet werden kann.

Englisch ist und bleibt nach wie vor die "offizielle" Proxmox VE Forumssprache. Mit Englisch als internationaler Sprache erreicht ihr einfach weltweit eine weitaus größere Proxmox-Community, die euch helfen kann. Findet oder erhält ihr also im deutschsprachigen Forum keine Antwort, sucht oder postet doch bitte weiterhin im englischsprachigen Forum (natürlich auf Englisch).

Viel Spass beim Posten,

Proxmox VE Projektleiter

Dankeschön! Ich habe mich jetzt schon ein paar Mal doch ein klein wenig aufgeregt über die eingestreuten deutschen Posts. Nicht dass ich das den Leuten persönlich nehmen oder dass es mich als Muttersprachler vor Probleme stellen würde aber ein wilder Mix ist tendenziell nicht wirklich sinnvoll. Und ja, das Posten in einer Fremdsprache fällt nicht jedem leicht, insofern ist das die einfachste und sauberste Lösung.

Viele Grüße
Johannes

Kurze Übersetzung für nicht Deutsch Sprachige / Short Translation for non German speakers to avoid confusion:

We added this Forum to allow users to post their questions in German, the "official" Proxmox Forum language stays English, no changes here.
When you consider posting in German, consider also that you reach far more people from the great Proxmox Community which could help you with English, as its still an international Language.
That means if you do not find an answer here or get no replies for some time you possibly should search in the "normal" Forum for an already available answer, this could save you some time on problem solving.
Posting there will give you also more attention, but you naturally have to do it in English then :)

With all due respect, but I think this is a very bad development and is a big disadvantage to all non-German users. With this new German forum it's possible that the solution for a problem you face is already available, but you don't know because it's posted in a language you don't understand. This will increase time before a problem is solved and also gives duplicate content. I think Proxmox should treat all users the same, but this way German users get a advantage that non-German users don't get. I think it's a shame.

German users may also get there solution slower when posting in German. But al least they can choose. Non-German users can't.

Besides that I think, in 2016, you may expect all IT-staff can read and write in English on a reasonable level. Maybe not as easy as in your native language, but that's also a difficulty for all other users with another native language then English, including me. Making mistakes with a language that's not your native is not a problem I think. I'm sure that also apply to me.

Reactions: boxcee
I agree. But is the solution to just wait for someone to post in German in the middle of the otherwise english forum and to shout him down? I found many more threads than I expected where that happened like this. This way, the notorious Germans have their own playground, don't interfere with the rest and can wait for their solution here. Of course at the expense of - like you said - the small possibility that they have a problem and get a solution that somebody non-German won't find here.

I think that's a bad argument. It's not good to shout on someone that posts in a different language, but you may tell they need to post in English and only answer questions in English. If someone shouts to another user there are mods (Proxmox-staff) to take care. If I post in Dutch, do we have a Dutch forum also next week? And a French, Arabic, Spanish, Italian etc. forum? I don't think so.

We are one community, we need to speak/write one language and don't create community-in-community I think.

Last edited:
I think that's a bad argument. It's not good to shout on someone that posts in a different language, but you may tell they need to post in English and only answer questions in English. If someone shouts to another user there are mods (Proxmox-staff) to take care. If I post in Dutch, do we have a Dutch forum also next week? And a French, Arabic, Spanish, Italian etc. forum? I don't think so.

We are one community, we need to speak/write one language and don't create community-in-community I think.

Your argument is a valid one. And in a perfect world, all can speak all languages. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

We at Proxmox are trying to provide best support for all our users. As all Proxmox Staff Member and moderators are fluent in German too (most are native speaker), its easy to maintain and moderate a German forum without loosing the contact to the core developers. That is the main reason why we picked German as the first non-English sub forum.

That means, fixes and solutions found and discussed in the German forum are not lost and moved to the right places, available to all users.

Reactions: MaDa99
Vielleicht probiere ich mal über diesen Weg.
Ich wußte nicht, daß eine Neuinstallation (gleiche VE version) auf identischer Hardware den Subscription Key unbrauchbar macht.
Wir haben unsere Keys bei einer Firma in der Nähe gekauft. Leider bringt die es nicht auf die Reihe, den Key in angemessener Zeit
wieder nutzbar zu machen. Warum kann ich das bitte nicht selber machen? Dürfte doch kein unlösbares Problem sein. Die Firma
bekommt ihre Provision für den Verkauf und wir Zugriff auf die Verwaltung der Keys.

Warum kann ich das bitte nicht selber machen? Dürfte doch kein unlösbares Problem sein. Die Firma bekommt ihre Provision für den Verkauf und wir Zugriff auf die Verwaltung der Keys.

Die Keys können im Shop-System vom Käufer zurückgesetzt werden. Alternative können
Sie im Customer-Portal ein Ticket öffnen (https://my.proxmox.com/).

Reactions: Brawn1 and fireon
Ich versuche Deutsch zu lernen und ich lerne es gerne, also für mich ist das eine Gelegenheit mein Deutsch und meine Virtualisierung-Kenntnis zu verbessern! :D Danke!

Für all unsere deutschsprachigen Nutzer haben wir hier ein Forum eingerichtet in dem auf Deutsch gepostet und geantwortet werden kann.

Englisch ist und bleibt nach wie vor die "offizielle" Proxmox VE Forumssprache. Mit Englisch als internationaler Sprache erreicht ihr einfach weltweit eine weitaus größere Proxmox-Community, die euch helfen kann. Findet oder erhält ihr also im deutschsprachigen Forum keine Antwort, sucht oder postet doch bitte weiterhin im englischsprachigen Forum (natürlich auf Englisch).

Mag sein, dass ich blind bin, aber: Wo befindet sich denn das englische Pendant zu "Proxmox VE (Deutsch)"?

Okay, die habe ich natürlich gesehen, aber wenn ich persönlich Fragen außerhalb der Themen "Installation", "Konfigruation", "Netzwerk" und "Firewall" hätte, würde ich diese entsprechend der Foren-Titel nicht dort stellen. Entsprechend fand ich es nach dem Lesen dieses Threads hier etwas verwirrend, dass es kein Forum der Art "Proxmox VE (English)" gibt bzw. hätte eine (für mich schlüssigere) Foren-Aufteilung der Form

Proxmox Virtual Environment (English)
- Installation and Configuration
- Networking and Firewall
- General / operational questions

Proxmox Virtual Environment (Deutsch)
- Installation und Konfiguration
- Netzwerk und Firewall
- Allgemeine Fragen / Fragen zum Alltagsbetrieb

erwartet.

Wie auch immer: Danke für die schnelle Antwort! :)

Last edited:
Ist zwar schon etwas älter alles , dennoch...
Hallo und dankeschön für die german corner! Ich werde mich dennoch bemühen (man kommt eh nicht drumherum) auch in Englisch zu kommizieren.

Its a very old tread but...
Hello and thankyou for the german corner! Even if my englisch is not the best i will try to write in englisch in the rest of the Forum (you can't avoid it anyway).

Viele Grüße / many greetings
MoH

Last edited:
Kurzes Hallo von einem neuen Proxmox User. Mein Englisch ist auch etwas eingerostst, aber ich versuche die Anfragen trotzdem in der internationalen Sprache zu verfassen, wenn das Thema entsprechend anspruchsvoll erscheint. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!