VM crash with memory hotplug

Building newer qemus with the above commit reverted will be difficult because there have been a couple more changes in there which would conflict.

However, the output you posted is useful and helped me spot a not so obvious change that happened with the above commit which seems accidental.
I have a patch I'd like you to test and pushed it to a branch on github.

You can checkout the branch this way:
Reset the bisect state first:
Code:
$ git bisect reset
Add the repository and fetch its branches:
Code:
$ git remote add wbumiller 
$ git fetch wbumiller
Checkout the branch:
Code:
$ git checkout wbumiller/virtqueue-count-fix
Then build & test.
If this fixes the issue for you I'd forwad the patch to the qemu developer list for them to review and apply. (Also let me know if I should include a `Reported-by` tag with your name in the message, see the various entries in `git log` for what that would look like (I'd need a name & email address)).

Since this is based on our current 2.9.1 branch it would also be useful to verify that it fails without the patch:
Code:
$ git checkout wbumiller/extra
This one should fail.

Hi,

I tried to compile according those instructions, however it failed:
Code:
/root/qemu/crypto/tlscreds.c:180:6: error: no previous prototype for 'qcrypto_tls_creds_is_pve' [-Werror=missing-prototypes]
 bool qcrypto_tls_creds_is_pve(QCryptoTLSCreds *creds)
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
/root/qemu/rules.mak:69: recipe for target 'crypto/tlscreds.o' failed
make: *** [crypto/tlscreds.o] Error 1

Best regards,
Maksim

it's in the public pvetest repo now, pve-qemu-kvm 2.9.1-2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!