address 192.168.5.5
        netmask 255.255.255.0

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet dhcp
        bridge_ports bond0
        bridge_stp on
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge_vlan_aware yes

The issue it seems is the same as before, when i got "rename" on ethernet interfaces now is the same on the new VLAN interface :
Code:
ip addr output:
rename8@bond0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
link/ether 00:25:90:f5:64:c6 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

If i up the "rename8" inteface manually, it does go up, but still does not work correctly.

In the Proxmox GUI->Network is see that it does recognize the interface as bond0.132 , but "Active" = " No" which leads to believe that it tries to up this interface which internally is really " rename8" now.

To solve the eth interface rename issue I followed this advice which did solve the issue:

This is what I did (no other changes required)

root@pve:/etc/udev/rules.d# cat 10-network.rules
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", ATTR{address}=="00:25:90:4f:3c:68", NAME="eth0"
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", ATTR{address}=="00:25:90:4f:3c:69", NAME="eth1"
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", ATTR{address}=="00:25:90:4f:3c:6a", NAME="eth2"
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", ATTR{address}=="00:25:90:4f:3c:6b", NAME="eth3"

I tried the other options to get standard naming back, but nothing worked for me with the exception of above.
This worked for me as well, but after editing the file it was necessary to run the update-initramfs -u command so that they were recognized.

What could I do to remedy Bond Vlan being named incorrectly as "rename8@bond0" ?

Edgars.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!