USED STORAGE : 99%

adn

Dec 11, 2019
so I just found out that I'm pretty much out of space on my File-server. (as shown in the attached snapshots)
is there any way to extend that File server's storage ?
ps : Zfs-loacl seems to have some decent amount of Gigs , is possible to use that ?
pls Help
Thanks all ! PROXMOX1.PNGPROXMOX2.PNG

hi,

you could try extending the virtual drive size. on the GUI go to VM -> Hardware, select the disk you want to resize. press 'Resize disk' button and enter the increment size in GiB

1st thanks for the quick respond.
is this going to require a reboot ?
or its not going to be a problem doing it in middle or the work ? as I have some other workstations connected to the server currently using the file server .

ps : is there a way to know how much available Gigs I have that I can add ? ()

Thanks again Oguz

is this going to require a reboot ?
or its not going to be a problem doing it in middle or the work ? as I have some other workstations connected to the server currently using the file server .

it should be hotplugged by default, so no reboot is necessary.

is there a way to know how much available Gigs I have that I can add ? ()
that actually depends on your storage, but as a rough estimate you can check the df -h output on the PVE host to see how much space is available.

So Ive resized it and it changed on the GUI part (from 1500 to 1708 G) as shown in the captures
but when you go back to the console to make sure .. I get the same thing .. no changes
any thoughts ?
thanks ! Proxmox P1708.PNGProxmox 1708.PNG

you will also have to resize the partition inside the VM. you can use any partitioning tool you like (fdisk, parted, etc.)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!