Ubuntu 18.04.4 VMs losing ssh keys, very unstable.

Iamtheone

Feb 29, 2020
First time using Proxmox, have 10 VMs with Ubuntu 18.04, first one created and others cloned across 3 servers (3 VM on each server, and 1 extra one as main access to control the others for ansible, ssh, etc...). Right after, install, everything worked great, after updating Ubuntu apt/apt-get update/upgrade, everything was still fine or so it seemed as next day, could not ssh anymore random to VM, the same connection that was working before, it said that ssh key wasn't there anymore, try to add, and it didn't accept it, which absolute destroy all my ansible playbooks. I saw another post with the same issue on VM losing ssh key config, as there's a lot of home users (media center) happy with Proxmox I wonder if this is stable enough for prod or if CE is only for hobbyists and only paid version will work properly. Can any business users shed some light on how stable their install is? And if they are using paid or CE version?
My goal was to have VM to support kubernetes cluster, but with issues as basic as ssh keys stop working, I wonder if its something specific to my install or if it's not mature enought for production installs.

Thanks for you feedback.

Hi,

you can find a long list of success stories on our website.

saw another post with the same issue on VM losing ssh key config
Which one do you mean exactly?

Anyway, problems with SSH keys should certainly not happen in any repository. Could you please describe your problem in more detail? A good start would be logs from your attempt to connect to your VM via SSH (using [code]YOUR CODE[/code].

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!