Roadmap for Proxmox VE 2.0

Wow - 5 days into Q3 and people already want it. Settle down people.... The quarter goes for another 2 months and 25ish days. :p\

I want it too - mostly for the ACL stuff - but when it's done, not when it's rushed out the door full of bugs like a certain large OS vendor likes to do.

At the beginning beta for proxmox 2.0 was planned for Q2 2011.

I must install a prod proxmox cluster and i wait for proxmox 2.0 but i can't wait anymore, i must install proxmox 1.8 without HA and other interresting features.

For the certain large vendor stop to troll about it. It's not the right place.

Wow - 5 days into Q3 and people already want it...
I dont want to be picky, but in my counting Q3 starts in july and ends in 24 days!
Santa Claus is almost at the gate!
:eek:
Merry Christmas and peace on earth, Holger

Oh dear... Yes... My brain fails maths... How embarrassing :p
Lucky my job doesn't involve schedules...

Hi,

Carefully inquiring about the upcoming 2.0 release:
Will the REST API be available in the first beta already?
If yes, is it expected to have services for basic VM lifecycle management eg. create/start/stop/destroy?

short answer, yes and full featured (as the new gui also use the api).

short answer, yes and full featured (as the new gui also use the api).
That's awesome!
I was planning to write some management scripts to be run over ssh but it sounds like it's still worth waiting.

I hope, Proxmox VE 2.0 will be my best present for Mary Christmas :)
Proxmox is a great virtualization solution, it helps many people to save money, time and nervous, so... thank you guys!

P.S. I have realy strong and potentially useful skils in BASH-coding. How can i help Proxmox VE to be better and probably the best in a future?
If i can, please, answer to drvtinyATgmail.com

Hi udo,

yes, a few minutes :)

Oh cool - and it's a long weekend this weekend here... ;)
I shall be finding a spare machine to do some testing on too...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!