Roadmap for Proxmox VE 2.0

Will it be possible to do a direct upgrade from Proxmox 1.x to 2.0, or will you recommend/require a clean installation? If the latter, will you have a guide for migration of servers from 1.x versions of Proxmox to 2.0?

Thanks for your awesome work! Looking forward to beta testing the 2.0 release.

Hi,

Glad to hear that spice might be included!

I've worked with spice for a bit now (also with RHEV) so I would be glad to help the integration (if there is a need for assistance) :)

Attila

hi,

will be a text-mode install option in 2.0?
so we could easily install it using remote console.
also would be great if we could review the partitions the installer creates.

adam

if you do not want to use the auto-installer you can already install lenny and on top proxmox ve. and for 2.0, you will need to install squeeze and on top proxmox ve.

so we do no provide a text installer as this is already done by the debian installer.

if you do not want to use the auto-installer you can already install lenny and on top proxmox ve. and for 2.0, you will need to install squeeze and on top proxmox ve.

so we do no provide a text installer as this is already done by the debian installer.

you are right, maybe it's even better this way (if i get the same result).

does the current 1.8 work on squeeze?

you are right, maybe it's even better this way (if i get the same result).

does the current 1.8 work on squeeze?
no.

brief but to the point :)
looking forward to test first beta
Is there some rough estimate when such a beta gets released?
I've been holding my breath since April 1st and am now as blue as a smurf.

A feature i would like to see and that i believe would be both useful and easy to implement is the option to have the server download ISO files instead of you uploading them. Like an alternative to the upload iso, you just supply the download url for it.

This would be very helpful when working over say a VPN connection without the bandwidth neccesary.

Best regards Jon Lachmann

A feature i would like to see and that i believe would be both useful and easy to implement is the option to have the server download ISO files instead of you uploading them. Like an alternative to the upload iso, you just supply the download url for it.

This would be very helpful when working over say a VPN connection without the bandwidth neccesary.

Best regards Jon Lachmann
Hi Jon, you can already do this. It requires you to log into the terminal/cli and just wget the iso into the iso repository. The repository resides at /var/lib/vz/template/iso

Hi Jon, you can already do this. It requires you to log into the terminal/cli and just wget the iso into the iso repository. The repository resides at /var/lib/vz/template/iso

Thank you, i did not know that! But you have to agree that a GUI option to do it would be a nicer way?

maybe but in fact not really needed in my opinion. if you have to deal with a lot of ISO installations you will store all these ISO images somewhere outside Proxmox VE host, e.g. on a NFS server.

I cried With Joy

Excellent Work Great I rearly use this for software or hardware but I love it

a proposition

Resource pool

So you can have A VM that would be on a let's say SUN storage But can use resources from multiple nodes in the cluster

is it possible to get an alpha version for testing purposes only
Damn... I read this post early in the morning with blurred vision (blepharitis) as: "it is possible to get an alpha version for testing purposes only"
At least a question mark would have made me re-reread the message.

Although somewhat disappointing it is funny as well ;-)

Great I'm look forward to this. So far I have been careful not to upgrade a setup which work. Hope this release will address some problems related to incompability with some HP DL 380 G6 servers but that is another issue not related to this thread.

But one thing you do is to provide a virtual iso driver disk for the windows platform with signed Proxmox drivers which could be possible to just mount with one click from the web interface.
This would greatly improve the user when installing virtual kvm windows servers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!