Roadmap for Proxmox VE 2.0

I'm curious whether OpenVZ containers will be available outside of /var/lib/vz in this release. Also (though not related to the 2.0 release) are ext4's issues with OpenVZ still a problem?

Are there plans to support IPv6 right through the webinterface? Currently it's a bit tricky to get it working for VM's.

Are there plans to support IPv6 right through the webinterface? Currently it's a bit tricky to get it working for VM's.

Yes, we need support for that. But I have no idea when we will start implementing ipv6.

If I am already using 1.8 Proxmox on production will there be an upgrade path to 2.0? Or will the recommended approach be to start with a fresh install then migrate all KVM Virtual guest and OpenVZ containers to 2.0? Will 2.0 be out before the end of this year?

Thank you!

i run my ipv6router/fw as a vm-machine :).

i will be happy to help beta testing, as we are realy waiting for the support for user ACL and ldap support :)

Don't hold your breath. When a software company announces Q2, then they always mean 6/30, but usually they deliver in Q3 - in many cases end of Q3 ;)

Did you use opennebula before? How are your impressions?
I prefer to stay with proxmox if only the virtio-network-thing would be stable and if I could use a more actual kernel and openvswitch would be easy to integrate.
But for now I wait for the 2.0 release ;)

I was Joking, I love Proxmox, although i 'm frustrated with the new delay, i use opennebula also for the creation of my private cloud. version 3.0 released in july.

Hi all,

As the release of Proxmox 2.0 has been posponed to Q3 (for a beta without all features...), perhaps I can make again a suggestion I made a few months ago : release à 1.9 version of current Proxmox, based on Squeeze.

All the features announced for 2.0 release are very ambitious, and I know it takes time to developp all these, test them, remove bugs, insure an upgrade path from 1.x and so on... So I can take time for this release to be ready.

But the current Proxmox release is based on Debian Lenny, which begins to be rather old (squeeze was even delayed, so it is even older than it seems from the release date). If a new 1.x version could be released based on Squeeze, it will allow to use ext4 for partitions, a much better file system than ext3, and also, in my case, permits an easy way to install Dell Open Manage on my servers (I think it should be the same for other brands, HP, IBM etc...).

And moreover, I think it would ease a migration from 1.x squeeze version to 2.0.

I know it can take some time, depart from 2.0, to prepare it, but I am sure many users of Proxmox would find this 1.x release usefull, if Promox 2.0 is delayed more.

Greetings,
Alain

2.0 is delayed but not that much. you can expect the first milestone this summer. in fact its just the decision at which point we release, how many features we include in the first run, how many bugs we accept for the beta - our test lab is already full with Proxmox VE 2.0 boxes and the bug list is getting smaller and smaller.

(there is still no plan to release 1.9 on Squeeze)

Thank's for the proxmox team. We are impatient. you know.
Please don't give dates , like CENTOS6.0, it changes every day.

Merci à toute l'équipe de développement.

I am still using Proxmox 1.6 to run our Linux VPS Open Vz web server and a Windows 2008 web server both have been rock solid! But like everyone else I am eagerly awaiting for 2.0 to be released hopefully not too close to the month of November 2011, when we will be presenting Proxmox as an alternative to VMware vShpere at the upcoming ASAE conference in Washington DC. I'd like to be able to play around with 2.0 new features like the new cluster communication. Implement it at work before we can tout its capabilities to our fellow association IT crowd. Thank you Proxmox!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!