[SOLVED] Removing old Storage from GUI

cpukid00

Oct 21, 2020
Los Angeles
Hey guys!

I'm still getting used to Proxmox, but so far it's been amazing!

Since I'm still getting hands-on learning about the product, naturally I've been playing around with storage configurations. I've created some lvm/lvm-thin volume groups, but they were temporary, and I now wish to destroy/remove them. I've done vgremove commands, which seem to work, but in the GUI, the old storage still remains, but obviously isn't usable:

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 4.47.59 PM.png

While I'm sure there's something I'm not doing quite right here, I can't seem how to figure out how to remove this from the GUI. Is there a GUI option for this, or another command I can use?

Thank you so much!

After spending half a day trying to resolve the same issue, I finally found your post and was able to resolve it!
Thank you, it did help someone eventually!

Reactions: maxprox
Thanks for solving it. Don't quite understand why you have to delete it at the Datacenter level when it was created in the node, hey ho.

I did this and it seemingly removed the disk for my other node in the cluster as well. This is confusing.

I did this and it seemingly removed the disk for my other node in the cluster as well. This is confusing.
Just remove the question marked one. Those are unassigned. And yet there probably no way to assign those initiated drives. (Generally initiated with GPT)
If you remove the non question mark ones that shall be harmful to the cluster. Proxmox should have warning systems for that.

Please be extra cautious when removing things from the "data centre", that is the master layer and above any cluster. So removing from there will certainly remove those from clusters as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: sitruk
I actually think I just discovered how to do this very easily via the GUI!

For those in the same boat as me, it's found under Datacenter > Storage, not under the PVE node itself. Hopefully this helps someone eventually!
i love you man, you made my day :)

I actually think I just discovered how to do this very easily via the GUI!

For those in the same boat as me, it's found under Datacenter > Storage, not under the PVE node itself. Hopefully this helps someone eventually!
Thanks !!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!