Question about DNSBL

vladosubu

Dec 1, 2022
Colleagues, good afternoon! Tell me, please, how can I put whitelist higher in priority than DNSBL? The problem is that the mailbox we need got into DNSBL, adding this mailbox to the whitelist did not help. Very necessary.

Did you add it into "Configuration/Mail Proxy/Whitelist"?

Attachments

• IyZZK3tUb9.png
    IyZZK3tUb9.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 30
  • qT7WxzIwhs.png
    qT7WxzIwhs.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 29
but DNSBL still blocks emails from this domain.
yes - the IP is listed on the DNSBL - so you have to whitelist the IP
(else every spammer could send you mails by just forging the sender header...)

yes - the IP is listed on the DNSBL - so you have to whitelist the IP
(else every spammer could send you mails by just forging the sender header...)
Good afternoon, thank you very much, the IP whitelist works, but then why do we need a domain whitelist here? If it doesn't work out anyway, what's its point? And another question unrelated to the whitelist: We have ldap tied to Proxmox, previously we had automatic domain synchronization with proxmox, after one of the Pmg updates, automatic synchronization stopped working for us. Please tell me where to dig to solve this problem, it is not very convenient to synchronize manually.

Good afternoon, thank you very much, the IP whitelist works, but then why do we need a domain whitelist here? I
The screenshot of the tracking center with the anonymization does not give the complete picture - but I think if the IP is blocked by barracudacentral (and this is the only problem with this mail ) whitelisting the IP in the mailproxy whitelist should be enough

We have ldap tied to Proxmox, previously we had automatic domain synchronization with proxmox, after one of the Pmg updates, automatic synchronization stopped working for us.
Nothing changed with that part IIRC - this is done by pmg-hourly.service (started by pmg-hourly.timer):
https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pmg-api....=30c74bd27c3a4bd751561032e1a04ef52177db53#l48

I hope this helps!

The screenshot of the tracking center with the anonymization does not give the complete picture - but I think if the IP is blocked by barracudacentral (and this is the only problem with this mail ) whitelisting the IP in the mailproxy whitelist should be enough
We understood this, but it is not entirely clear why there is a white list by domain if it does not work?
Nothing changed with that part IIRC - this is done by pmg-hourly.service (started by pmg-hourly.timer):
https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pmg-api....=30c74bd27c3a4bd751561032e1a04ef52177db53#l48

I hope this helps!
Sorry, I don't really understand what we need to do in order for automatic synchronization to start working. We have it in our services. Maybe we need to press start?1673882344806.png
Now we have looked at the logs of this service, it can be seen that the service works and synchronizes every hour, but this is not true automatic synchronization does not work.

Now we have looked at the logs of this service, it can be seen that the service works and synchronizes every hour, but this is not true automatic synchronization does not work.
What exactly does not work? - I don't understand the comment. The sync works by running once every hour.

We understood this, but it is not entirely clear why there is a white list by domain if it does not work?
The whitelist by domain is for occasions where the IP is not the reason for a reject, but something in the configuration of the domain itself (e.g. a broken SPF record)...

What exactly does not work? - I don't understand the comment. The sync works by running once every hour.

The whitelist by domain is for occasions where the IP is not the reason for a reject, but something in the configuration of the domain itself (e.g. a broken SPF record)...
Good afternoon, now it's clear from the white list. Thanks.
Question on pmg-hourly we have a cluster of two mxs, on mx2 the success status is syslog, but on mx3 there is no start and syslog status, when pressing the start button nothing happens.mx3.pngmx2.png

Question on pmg-hourly we have a cluster of two mxs, on mx2 the success status is syslog, but on mx3 there is no start and syslog status, when pressing the start button nothing happens.
That's odd - please check the journal on mx3 (journalctl -b ) for any messages which might show an issue with pmg-hourly

Grepping only for the service name will not catch all information - this is why I said look through the complete logs for hints.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!