SimonMcNair

Jun 22, 2010
Thank you for all your work on Proxmox.

It is my view a design/architecture requirement that each line within the VMID.conf should be shown somewhere within the GUI even if it is read only (vmgenid for example). This would help to ensure that all the settings can be checked by admin staff without access to the console/SSH or running commands within the web interface.
To this end please can I request that specifically the 'args' qemu function is added to the QEMU options menu as a read/write line ?

As an aside my main rationale for this is to share host filesystem folders within VM guests (not containers). I would like to mount docker volumes from the host filesystem as the network the container is on does not have network connectivity to the host (isolated) so NFS/SMB is not possible. This would allow me to copy the settings to new VM's as well as seeing which VM's have it enabled, and which do not.

Thank you for reading this far.
Regards
Simon

As an aside this is what I did if anyone is curious:

host (needs a powerdown to take effect) :
Bash:
mkdir /tmp/share
qm set 106 -args "-fsdev local,security_model=passthrough,id=fsdev0,path=/tmp/share -device virtio-9p-pci,id=fs0,fsdev=fsdev0,mount_tag=hostshare"

guest:

Bash:
mkdir /mnt/folder
mount -t 9p -o trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L hostshare /mnt/folder

First: feature requests should directly go here.

That said, good idea and has been discussed a few times, so it may get into PVE hopefully soon. I'd really like this to be in PVE.

Sorry, didn't think of it as a bug. My apologies. Also tag system came up with feature request tags so I assumed, incorrectly that this was okay.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!