Proxmox VE UI Not Working "proxy detected vanished client connection"

Thanks Guys.
That's helpful, @mastermikioe @JosueC
That's probably my issue then lack of ram.
I don't use zfs just some network shares added
I'm looking into getting one of them low powered N100 devices as I'll only use it for about 3 or 4 vm's or containers.
Would a lack of ram cause me to be locked out of the webui like what's happening at the moment?
Prolly the best test here is set all your vms to start manually. run the host alone for a time and see if it acts right. then bring vms with the lowest usage online and see if there is any change. you can do procedural testing to see if it helps.

Reactions: Steveuk
The entire Proxmox VE Web UI is showing grey question marks & unknown status. This has already happened before, but I assumed it was a bug so I just restarted the host and it seemed to have fixed it. However, the issue keeps coming back, and I can't keep restarting the node. Another thing I noticed, is when I log in to PBS, which is running on the same node, everything with the UI seems fine. Also, I RDPd into one of the vms and attempted to login to the PVE UI through the VM and the login would always fail. However, through ssh it would work fine, and through my own pc it works fine but I get those weird grey question marks. I checked the logs and I also found that I was getting a weird "Proxy detected vanished client connection" error, not sure if this is related.

View attachment 69883

Things I have already tried:
- Restart Node (Fixes it only temporarily)
- systemctl restart pvedaemon
- systemctl restart pvestatd
- systemctl restart pve-manager
- systemctl restart pve-cluster (Shows the node online status, but only temporarily)

I would really appreciate any help!

*UPDATE*
After a couple of hours I am now unable to log in to the web UI. I keep getting "Login failed. Please try again later". But through SSH it works fine. Super weird...
View attachment 69892

I also found this when running "journalctl -f"

"Proxy detected vanished client connection"
View attachment 69894

*UPDATE*
It has happened AGAIN and I tried to reboot the host through SSH but I got the following: "Proxmox Failed to set wall message, ignoring: Transport endpoint is not connected Call to Reboot failed: Transport endpoint is not connected".

It is super inconvenient having to physically power cycle the host server to fix this, specially since it is at a remote location. If someone has a permanent fix for this PLEASE let me know lol.
*SOLVED*
It's been around two weeks and the issue seems to be resolved. After limiting the ZFS ARC Ram consumption, PVE hasn't crashed again. It seems like the issue was the system running out of memory.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!