Proxmox VE Host Backup to PBS

You can already do that using the proxmox-backup-client. It can backup any block device or file/folder you want. You could for example create a bootable Debian USB stick, boot it, install the proxmox-backup-client package and then backup/restore your unmounted PVE system disks to/from your PBS.

Or if you just want a backup of your config files you could use cron to to start the proxmox-backup-client to backup your "/etc" folder.

Last edited:
Thank you for the quick answer, altough I'm comfortable with the CLI, I would prefer the GUI for my Teammates to use.
FYI:
I got a 3-Node Cluster, where PVE is installed on a ZFS Mirror, all nodes are Identical.
I will take the option with the /etc folder for now, but my initial question was when we can expect to see the Roadmap feature in the Final version.

I think it's clear what we are looking for. How would we as a community effectively communicate this desire to the Proxmox team? Nodes have very specific changes from base installation for many HW configs so rather than having to continually update/test an Ansible playbook, a simple instant-restore from local PBS would really makes us sleep better at night :)

pve backup feature request.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!