proxmox replacing raid hdds

jcmax

Jun 3, 2019
Hi, i have right now old two 500gb HDDs (raid 1 setup) and i think later to replace then with two or three ssd as raid 1 also.

How i can do it, for system is understand that replaced one for system to mirror and not as a free memory.

Hi,
this depends on your Raid system.
You have to provide some information about your setup in case someone can help you.

Hi,
this depends on your Raid system.
You have to provide some information about your setup in case someone can help you.

i have home server on asus q170m motherboard, intel Pentium G4500 CPU (in future, will get a i5 or i7 cpu with intel vPro support) i got 2 hdds with 500gb as software raid 1 from proxmox. settings are set when i was installing system. so here are a question, what if i want a replace old hdd's with new ssds without re installation system.

i know that asus q170m motherboard have in defaults in bios support some raids 0,1,5, 10 (if i correctly remember)

is it ok?

If you use the MB internal raid please consult the manual.
Generall is no problem if you change disk what have the same size or are bigger.
If the disks are smaller it gets tricky

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!