Proxmox API - POST lxc - Error code 500

Cubix Gamer

Jun 17, 2022
Hello
I'm trying to get my code that sends api requests to work.
But I have this error:

Code:
Only root can pass arbitrary filesystem paths. at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage.pm line 538.

I think it's a problem when I define rootfs in the request body but I'm not sure.

My body:
Code:
var body = {
          "ostemplate": os,
          "password": password,
          "memory": ram_in_mb,
          "rootfs": stockage_name + ":" + stockage_in_mb,
          "cores": number_processor_cores,
          "swap": "0",
          "vmid": nextid.data.data,
          "net0": "name=" + name_network_interface + ",ip6=auto,gw6=" + gw6 + ",gw=" + gw4 + ",ip=" + ipv4 + netmask_ipv4 + ",rate=" + network_rate_limit_in_mbs,
          "start": start_vps_when_create
}

stockage_name + ":" + stockage_in_mb
=
local-lvm:8192

I use root@pam

If someone can help me please

Your API request, specifically storage name does not match the expected string in the documentation:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/api-viewer/index.html#/nodes/{node}/lxc

It expected volume: size:, etc. Your storagename:8192 is treated as an arbitrary path, it seems. You may be trying to create a volume in a single request, but I am not sure API allows for that based on the doc.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

please post the fully resolved actual body you are sending. local-lvm:8192 is valid syntax for rootfs and shouldn't trigger the check at all - it's how our GUI does it as well ;)

please post the fully resolved actual body you are sending. local-lvm:8192 is valid syntax for rootfs and shouldn't trigger the check at all - it's how our GUI does it as well ;)
My body:
Code:
{
     "ostemplate":"ubuntu-18.04-standard_18.04.1-1_amd64.tar.gz",
     "password":"1ZY2i9VsD20shVVo",
     "memory":"1024",
     "rootfs":"locallvm:8192",
     "cores":"1",
     "swap":"0",
     "vmid":"109",
     "net0":"name=vmbr0,ip6=auto,gw6=2001:470:c8fb:ffff::,gw=10.0.0.1,ip=10.0.0.21/24,rate=100",
     "start":true
}

the 'ostemplate' is the culprit - you should provide a proper volume ID there as well, not just the filename..

Reactions: bbgeek17

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!