Proxmox 5.1 freezing every hour (supermicro X10)

Simon Bakker

Feb 20, 2018
Hello,

I have installed Proxmox 5.1 (latest release) on my Supermicro server with an X10 board last week.

Every 1-2 hours the server freezes and becomes unresponsive. Even typing in the IPMI KVM console doesn't work. Only when I do a hard hardware reset, the server reboots and boots proxmox. I've searched for hours on google for this issue and cannot find a fix.

What I've done already:
- Change storage (different ssd/hdd)
- Another kernel, crashing interval increases
- Memory check, completed with no errors
- Check diskspace, no full partitions, a lot of free space left.

Does someone has this issue too?

I had an issue like that with my X9 board and Server 2016, it would lock up and the kvm console wouldn't display (although I could browse the ipmi webpages just fine). I'd hit reset on ipmi/kvm console and it would reboot and come back up. I ended up replacing the processor, from an E3-1220 to an E3-1240v2, and it hasn't happened since.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!