Official DarkMode

@Zerstoiber you beat me to it. Yes, this has been quite the effort the last couple of weeks. Should land in all Proxmox products (Virtual Environment, Mail Gateway, Backup Server) pretty soon :)
Is the forum getting official Dark Theme next? ;-)

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Reactions: Neobin
Last edited:
Go ProxMox team :D

Maybe a stupid question... it says "PATCH AVAILABLE", where can we get it? Already updated the server.

Maybe a stupid question... it says "PATCH AVAILABLE", where can we get it? Already updated the server.
That means the necessary patches have been made available on the mailing list [1]. Some of them, especially the Proxmox VE ones, have already been applied. Meaning that they are in the official source code repositories (e.g., [2]). From here they still need to be packaged and then released through the usual release process. So they will be available in the testing repo first, then no-subscription and finally the enterprise repository. This may still take a bit, but one of the next releases of pve-manager and proxmox-widget-toolkit should add the theme to your install :)

[1]: https://lists.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2023-March/056081.html
[2]: https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-manager.git;a=commit;h=fea26a57

It means Patch available. => Download the SRC, Download the Patch, patch it, build it, package it, deploy it. <= of course you could do that.
I assume you want, Package officially available and deployed in the APT repository.

That means be Happy and Thankfully, and just wait some more time.

We can see already some "DARK" at the end of the Tunnel. :cool:

Reactions: pikzigmar
Have some more screenshots here, so you don't have to go over to LinkedIn ;)

Attachments

• 1678454039740.png
    1678454039740.png
    234.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 1678454097779.png
    1678454097779.png
    161.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 1678454117529.png
    1678454117529.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Is the forum getting official Dark Theme next? ;-)
as well as the forum

We checked it out, and the current forum architecture makes it close to impossible to do (automatical) live-switches depending on the browsers/OS preference, at least not without circumventing its styling system completely, and thus creating a huge maintainability burden, which we'd rather use to improve Proxmox projects.

That said, having separate styles that each user can select manually is supported just fine, and so we created a dark variant of our current theme.

You can choose between the two styles at either the bottom of the page:
1678780220009.png

Or in your account preferences, either way its saved permanently to your account as preference. But if you log out the light variant will be used.

Last edited:
We checked it out, and the current forum architecture makes it close to impossible to do (automatical) live-switches depending on the browsers/OS preference, at least not without circumventing its styling system completely, and thus creating a huge maintainability burden, which we'd rather use to improve Proxmox projects.

That said, having separate styles that each user can select manually is supported just fine, and so we created a dark variant of our current theme.

View attachment 47892

Or in your account preferences, either way its saved permanently to your account as preference. But if you log out the light variant will be used.
this is awesome, thanks!

View attachment 47892

Fantastic, thank you very much! :)

I just got this update in my systems today, and I'm very happy... actually a lot happier than I thought I would be :D I didn't think I cared that much ...
So is there a way to install new themes? or was this just a patchwork?

Last edited:
I've updated my proxmox today. Then I realized there is a color theme setting, and ... a proxmox dark theme within. And that .... is a very good looking theme ^^
A big thank you to anyone involved in the making of this theme. Specifically, both my eyes wanted to thank the dev for this theme.

Reactions: sterzy and vesalius

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!