New Mobile App for Proxmox VE!

+1 for F-Droid . Running LineageOS without GApps on all devices. Currently downloaded the apk from the link in this thread. Works great!

Thank you!

Now trying to get the aspice pro apk with direkt payment from the dev because no Google Account and no Google Play here. I do not care about donating/paying something to a project, but unable to do this through Google.

Just tried the app on a fresh pve 7 install. When I open any VM i see various deserialization errors such as the one in the attached screenshot.. tried with both the official app from google play as well as the latest build linked in this thread.

Phone is a samsung galaxy s21 ultra with latest updates installed. SmartSelect_20210711-083329.jpg

I currently run custom user ssl certs to access the web gui. Is there a way to push SSL certs in to the app so it becomes more than just a "I can only use this internally" app? Am i missing something? Thanks!

I currently run custom user ssl certs to access the web gui. Is there a way to push SSL certs in to the app so it becomes more than just a "I can only use this internally" app? Am i missing something? Thanks!
If I am not mistaken, you would need to add the cert to the trust store of your device.

If I am not mistaken, you would need to add the cert to the trust store of your device.
I must be doing something wrong as i have the SSL cert installed on my android 10 device. But it does not seem that the app is attempting to use it to verify. I'll continue digging. Thank you! Currently, Traefik is serving as a proxy for custom SSL if that makes a difference!

Last edited:
Wow this is awesome.

I didnt know where to put this but I would love to contribute using the community subscription option, but the annual only payment system is restrictive, if you guys could change that, I would love to buy a license.

Reactions: Whitterquick
Guys got some feedback on the app.

1 - If viewing the graphs on node, it will keep flashing sys.modify no permissions, I think viewing data audit permissions should be enough.
2 - The user I am testing with only has audit permissions, the concern is I can view all accounts on the system, including email addresses. Maybe a new permission could be added for authentication or accounts? so e.g. accounts.audit, accounts.modify? I tried to remove sys.audit to maybe stop this but then I cant even login as sys.audit is a baseline permission requirement for the app I think.

I think "NoAccess" on /access (or /access/groups) should be enough to make the user only see themselves and their API tokens.

Reactions: chrcoluk
It improves it a lot, can only see own user now in users, no groups, and no api tokens, but do still see the roles and domains, but I will tinker now that I know I can set no access as an override.

It is a real question.
Mainly to restore vm with GPU passtroughed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-103224.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-103224.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 31
I must be doing something wrong as i have the SSL cert installed on my android 10 device. But it does not seem that the app is attempting to use it to verify. I'll continue digging. Thank you! Currently, Traefik is serving as a proxy for custom SSL if that makes a difference!

I also have a self signed CA installed under android 10 (user) trusted credentials. The proxmox app didn't appear to recognise this when I tried using it a while back.

I use two other android apps that utilise the same certificate:

OpenVPN for Android. However the CA is inline in the vpn client config file to avoid some android 'feature' inadvertently disabling it.

Firefox (beta) recognises both system & user CA in the android cert store if you enable security.enterprise_roots in firefox's config. However this gets reset periodically and I have to go in firefox settings and renable it.

I found certificate management in android challenging at times.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!