New Mobile App for Proxmox VE!

Maybe to update title of the topic to:

New Android Mobile App for Proxmox VE!​

would prevent some of us asking for IOs ones hehe.

Meanwhile, Is there a way to load proxmox website without mobile version? I mainly need for rebooting/start/shutdown virtual machines and some options are not available. Any parameter to force to load desktop version?

Reactions: abien
Meanwhile, Is there a way to load proxmox website without mobile version? I mainly need for rebooting/start/shutdown virtual machines and some options are not available. Any parameter to force to load desktop version?

You could just save a favorite and tell the favorite to provide the desktop version of the web interface.

Upon connecting, you should be able to choose the desktop version of the site, but I have found that to be difficult to do the password

That is at least using chrome for android

There are plenty of articles explaining how to do this on places like stackexchange for android as well as apple, or browserhow etc, I have not posted any links, but a quick search for "iphone shortcut force desktop site" will help.

And no iOS support, well this was not worth opening.

Hello,

Could it be possible to not imply 8006 port for the connection ? When connected to my local network I use an nginx load balancer (upstream module) to connect to the 1st available node and from outside I connect via apache-proxy.
Both solutions are based on plain https (443) and the port redirection is done by nginx/apache afterwards. This means I can't use the app as it is (if I don't connect directly on a specific node locally or thru vpn). It works fine with Aprox app as it does not force 8006 in the connection url.

Could it also be possible to change the error color or the background color of the connection screen ? The red/orange on blue is "eye killing" o_O

1615671325915.png

By the way, thanks for the app which looks good !

Hi, has there been any update on using client certificates?

I, like others, have proxmox behind haproxy using client certificate authentication - it works fine using chrome on my phone (client cert is private CA and has been loaded into the Android keystore, the server certificate is LetsEncrypt) but the app gives me the SSL error (port 9443 as well).

Maybe a stupid question. I searched a bit but I don't find how to logout from the app

Link seems broken, would you mind sharing the APK again? Here or in F-Droid or somewhere :)
Thanks!
Yeah, it broke as that VM went literally up in flames during the OVH Strasbourg fire a few months ago, I used that chance for an in-depth cleansing what was hosted there and forgot that this APK-build was made available from there.

Anyhow, I reuploaded a fresh, up-to-date build now at the same place again
sha256sum: 0c3be4ce4a17f100a4885cd3a0b377b00edc35212ce241e6b65332cf32fbf03a
https://lamprecht.org/download/pve/pve-mobile-app/pve-mobile-testbuild.apk

EDIT: adapted sha256sum for updated app.

Last edited:
Reactions: KB19 and MindWalker
Thank you!

I just tested it. I am having an issue logging in; when I enter the IP, user name and password, I get the prompt for the MFA. When I enter it, 'Verify one-time password' flashes on the screen very briefly, but it returns to the login page. No errors, just goes back there. No account is added to the list.

The username/password + MFA are correct (as I get an error message if I enter any of them wrong). I can also access the machine thrue the browser-view Ok on the same device.

Thank you!

I just tested it. I am having an issue logging in; when I enter the IP, user name and password, I get the prompt for the MFA. When I enter it, 'Verify one-time password' flashes on the screen very briefly, but it returns to the login page. No errors, just goes back there. No account is added to the list.

The username/password + MFA are correct (as I get an error message if I enter any of them wrong). I can also access the machine thrue the browser-view Ok on the same device.

Same problem here. My TOTP generator creates correct codes, e.g. login works on web GUI but not in the app.

Much thanks for the reports, I could reproduce the issue here and found a fix for that regression, re-uploaded the app (was just this change) again (sha256sum 0c3be4ce4a17f100a4885cd3a0b377b00edc35212ce241e6b65332cf32fbf03a).

Reactions: MindWalker
Hey Proxmox Team,

This app has been excellent! Absolutely loving the task views especially, really looking forward to NoVNC support, currently can't make use of SPICE after trying a couple of the PAID apps, this could be to do with the way my firewall and VPN are setup however.
Keep up the good work!

Tmanok

Reactions: MindWalker

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!