New Mobile App for Proxmox VE!

A "3.6 Roentgen" solution:
Node -> Console -> shutdown now
But I cant log in by android in console only termux (ssh). My password has a special characters which I can't type by virtual keyboard on noVNC. I've tested it even by web browser on android. This same result.

No, I'm afraid, if you have an newer update about the licensing issues than the one from the FSF:

-- https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/more-about-the-app-store-gpl-enforcement
I'd be happy to read it, I mean it's ten years old and while it talks about AGPL it doesn't explicitly defines if this is still an issue with AGPLv3.

Even if that got sorted out, we cannot guarantee that Apple accepts the app as is, we'd simply need to try that.
Naturally a machine with macOS running would be required for us to build it, there are workarounds but I guess those won't help getting the app included into the Apple app store.

We may just try it next year, but I cannot promise anything on the results here.
Can i may ask if the dev team made any progress on this or is still planing to release it on apple appstore this year?
Other apps like for e.g. nextcloud for ios solve this like that ...even if not with the nicest solution....
An official app for ios devices would be pretty great and imho a nice addition to the proxmox ecosystem.
Much thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: adresner
No, I'm afraid, if you have an newer update about the licensing issues than the one from the FSF:

-- https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/more-about-the-app-store-gpl-enforcement
I'd be happy to read it, I mean it's ten years old and while it talks about AGPL it doesn't explicitly defines if this is still an issue with AGPLv3.

Even if that got sorted out, we cannot guarantee that Apple accepts the app as is, we'd simply need to try that.
Naturally a machine with macOS running would be required for us to build it, there are workarounds but I guess those won't help getting the app included into the Apple app store.

We may just try it next year, but I cannot promise anything on the results here.
I have an old Mac mini I will send you if you can dev the app on it :D

Please add CEPH status, Backup etc display to the mobile app.
Also please add a quick-login option (using fingerprint etc) to save us from entering passwords each time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Urbaman
Hm, I would prefer the F-Droid above Aurora i think. AFAICT Aurora is the Russian Android knock-off. (Who controls it there?)
So to what extent are the tools there not-instrumented?... Playstore is being doctored by commercial (wether legal or criminal inclined) entities.

Reactions: KMJ
there are 1,6 mio apps on apple app store. i bet proxmox folks is competent enough on accomplishing tasks , millions of other developer accomplished before them

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!