Need Help with Proxmox Boot Issue

parv811

Sep 29, 2022
Hey everyone,

I’m encountering a bit of a snag with my Proxmox setup and could use some guidance. Here’s the situation:

I have two NVMe SSDs in my Desktop: one with Proxmox installed and the other with Windows. When I unplug the Proxmox SSD and attach the Windows SSD, everything works fine. However, when I attach the Proxmox SSD again (after removing the Windows SSD), I encounter an error stating that the Windows boot file is missing.

I don’t intend to use Windows on this system, so I’m not sure why it’s causing issues when booting Proxmox. I’ve checked the boot order, and the Proxmox SSD is correctly set as the boot disk.

Could it be an issue with the bootloader configuration on the Proxmox SSD? How can I modify it to ensure it only looks for Proxmox boot files and doesn’t try to boot Windows?

In the boot order, Proxmox SSD changed its name. I don't know what it was before, but now it shows me Windows.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have removed the Windows bootloader files, and now Proxmox boots successfully. However, I'm still facing one issue. Attaching a screenshot: On the Proxmox screen, it's showing me an ext-fs error (not on the UI).

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 12.04.14 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 12.04.14 PM.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 6
I have removed the Windows bootloader files, and now Proxmox boots successfully. However, I'm still facing one issue. Attaching a screenshot: On the Proxmox screen, it's showing me an ext-fs error (not on the UI).
Looks like you have some filesystem corruption. Maybe it can be fixed with a fsck (when booting from something like GParted Live) but I would recommend to reinstall and restore from backups (as the extend of the corruption is unknown).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!