Move namespaces or individual backups to another local storage

andre78

Aug 9, 2019
Hi, I am running Proxmox Backup Server 2.4-3 in a VM on a TrueNAS Server.

So far I had connected a local path from TrueNas Scale into the PBX using NFS, mounted as /nfs/pbx. For performance reasons, I would like to switch to ZFS using a zvol provided from TrueNAS, which I added now as an additional storage (/mnt/datastore/pbx_z/)
Is there a way to move whole namespaces or at least Backups from the NFS datastore to the ZFS datastore?

Thanks in advance!

You could use the sync task to copy backups# snapshots between datastores or namespaces. You just need to create a "localhost" target first for local sync jobs.

Reactions: andre78
yes, a sync job (or one off "proxmox-backup-manager pull ..") is the way to go, by first defining a remote pointing at the same PBS instance.

thank you both for your reply!

I am going to sound stupid now, but I looked the UI up and down... How do I set up the localhost target? Also not sure I understand what's meant with remote, an external data storage?

How do I set up the localhost target? Also not sure I understand what's meant with remote, an external data storage?
Sorry, was missing the correct word. Yes, I meant creating a "remote" and instead of pointing that to another PBS instance you point it to itself using "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" as "host".

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!