[SOLVED] Make a single backup to 2 storage (folder + Proxmox Backup Server)

arnolem

Renowned Member
Jan 22, 2013
Hello,

Thank you Proxmox for your great products!

I have a question.

I have configured a daily backup, locally, to a folder.
In addition, I installed a Proxmox Backup Server.
Is it possible to do a single backup locally and send it to Proxmox Backup Server or is it necessary to do the backup twice?

I have the impression that this is not possible, and it would make sense to benefit from encryption for example.

Thanks

Attachments

• storage.png
    storage.png
    9 KB · Views: 2
Yes, not possible at the moment. But VZDump backup imports are on the PBS roadmap. So maybe you later could script something, that will import your local backups to PBS, so you don't have to do them twice.

Other option would be to use two PBS and sync them, so you only need to back up to a single PBS.

Last edited:
@arnolem: for completeness sake, what you want is

PVE --backup--> PBS1
PBS2 <--pull/sync-- PBS1

not

PVE --backup--> PBS1
PVE --backup--> PBS2

Actually, I have :
PVE -- backup -- local
PVE -- backup -- PBS

I would like :
PVE -- backup -- local + PBS

But if it is not possible, i will make this

PVE -- backup -- PBS1
PBS1 -- sync -- PBS2

With this feature

1688380173690.png

yes, exactly. the backup targets are unfortunately rather different, so supporting two simultaneously is not that easy.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!