LXC loadavg

i have enabled this by add the -l Parameter. Shutdown all LXC's, edit /lib/systemd/system/lxcfs.service, restart lxcfs and startup the containers again. Seems to work but i have lots of messages in syslog:
Apr 20 10:47:42 proxmox lxcfs[20932]: bindings.c: 5478: refresh_load: Open proc_path failed in refresh_load.

Edit:
I think i found the Problem.
After looking at the bindings.c code i sea that every 5 seconds the values where reloaded in proc.
I have multiple lxc containers with screen sessions. In screnn hardline i display some useful infos, also loadavg :) and i reread loadavg every 5 seconds :)
I changed this to 7 seconds and the syslog message is gone.

Last edited:
because it's also a relatively new feature for lxcfs, which hasn't been tested thoroughly.

because it's also a relatively new feature for lxcfs, which hasn't been tested thoroughly.

Well... I run 40+ CTs using it since day one and so far i didn't had any problems. Which means i've tested it for longer time than elapsed between ZFS 8.x stable release and it's inclusion in proxmox :)

Reactions: alexskysilk
Are there any news on it? Does it still work or is it maybe already somehow implemented in PVE?

It was more a thread bump to @oguz, but thank you for your feedback.
seems like it's working well for some users, but to be honest i don't see any reason to make it default still. it's rather easy to add the flag and it's a specific use case...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!