[SOLVED] LXC - Connection refused on multiple ports

Terrakx

Nov 15, 2021
I'm quite new to proxmox and containers in general. While everything works just fine in my VMs, all created LXCs run into the same problem that most applications (e.g. bookstack, ecodms, iobroker) are not accessible from any other computer in my network. I can however ping and ssh into all containers, just the applications aren't accessible. Also apache2 is accessible.

Container has ip address and is able to ping other devices and webservices. Firewall is disabled. OS is ubuntu 20.04.

One difference I found is, that on the LXCs ports are not listening and therefore refuse connection. Any ideas on how to fix that?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments: Installed EcoDMS, which should listen to port 17001. Only the VM shows the listen entry

Attachments

• ct_listener.png
    ct_listener.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 24
  • vm_listener.png
    vm_listener.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 25
  • ct_networkadapter.png
    ct_networkadapter.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 22
hi,

can you show us your container configuration pct config CTID?

is that process for service on port 17001 running in the container at all?

what is your pveversion -v

Hello, that's cool for you that you found the answer but that would be even more cool if you could share how you solved it with the community...
Thank you for your answer

I answer to myself, thanks to the command pct config CTID I could see that there where a firewall activated by default so I just added a rule for the port I needed and that works

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!